Wednesday, December 17, 2008

It's My Birthday!

...and yes, I still want a pony.


Me at 13, circa 1981.

Yup, that makes me 40 today. Good Gravy!
I'm not much for New Year's Resolutions. I tend to do my reflecting, goal setting and general yearly check-in at birthday time. It's close to the New Year anyway and it makes more sense to me.

While this last year has had it's share of challenges, I find myself so grateful for all that I have, for what I have learned and for the people who have loved and supported me. I am rich beyond my wildest dreams. I am really looking forward to the coming chapters of my life, whatever they may hold in store.

As for little Lola Nova here, she is about ready to do a little growing. Starting next year I will be posting a lot more sewing, crafting and making of all sorts. I will be sharing some free patterns and templates along with my thoughts and ramblings. There will be an Etsy store in the works; I will keep you posted on that. Keep on the look out for give-aways too! Hurray.

For all of you who have stopped by, thank you. I wish us all a happy, healthy and creative new year.

Alexandra

2 comments:

Claire MW said...

Wishing you a very happy birthday and a wonderful year ahead. You are 4 months ahead of me, so you can warn me about anything I need to know about turning the big "four-oh" ahead of time!

Mare said...

Happy Birthday to you! My birthday was the 19th of this month. I too reflect on my birthday and seal the deal on New Year's Day. Last year i made some resolutions i actually fulfilled! I always wanted to get my nose pierced, and dang it, i did it in early January(not too many Grandma's walking around with bling in their noses around here, but you know...I'm not dead yet!;) And i've always wanted to learn how to knit baby sweaters and DID itbefore my first granddaughter turned 1 year old. I'm formulating my list for 2009 now.... hmmm Merry Christmas!