Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Communication Breakdown, School is Cancelled And I Don't Know Jack

My Internet has been wonky of late so I have not been able to post the last few days, hopefully I can get through this one without being booted off. It's been going on for months and we have finally broken down and decided to do something about it. I am optimistic that by by Thursday evening we will have a nifty cable installed and all our surfing will continue unimpeded.

So, preschool was cancelled this morning because teacher Joyce got the flu, poor dear. This put the whole day off kilter. Today is my husbands birthday. Happy B-day Love! I was planning on spending my childless couple of hours searching for the perfect gift (I know, way to put off 'till the last minute) but, bringing my sweet girl to a wood crafting store for an hour is a recipe for disaster. I really did try to search out the coveted #5 Jack Plane for my sweety, or the equally sought after Fore Plane (wood working hand tools for those of you wondering)but, the sources for used tools around here are limited and I don't know just what I'm looking for in a good used tool. So yes, it turns out I don't know Jack.

Well, it's tradition around here to make the birthday boy (or girl) the dinner of their choice so, I'm off to the store to get fixuns for Chicken Fried Steak and Mashed Potatoes. Until next time I thought I would randomly leave you with some of the more "arty" pictures from our trip.
A monster tree
Impenetrable Bamboo Forest
Curly Eucalyptus
/>Red Dirt Path to the Sea ...and a Hawaiian goat for Claire

6 comments:

Mare said...

Your photos are gorgeous! And i bet that dinner was delicious!

Unknown said...

Thanks for feeding my little boy one of his very favorite dinners! He is in good hands. Love to you.

Claire MW said...

Shhhh! Can't say #5 Jack Plane around here out loud. Somebody might swoon, and it's not me! LOL!!

I love the goat! How cute is that! Just standing around observing the beauty of Hawaii. I won't tell mine about that. They are already tired of the snow and ice.

Also love the curly eucalyptus shot. I didn't know such a thing existed. Nice to have all your cool photos to look at today while I am home sick from work. I have the head cold from the planet grouchy.

Lola Nova said...

Oh phooey Claire, I hope you feel better soon.

I also saw some pretty little chickens in Hawaii but didn't get a photo.

Felt-o-rama said...

Incredible photos! There is just nothing that compares to Hawaii. I haven't been there since my honeymoon(sigh!) I remember being amazed at the number of fabric shops there.

diane said...

gorgeous pics.
i wish i was in hawaii.
*SIGH*