Friday, September 9, 2011

Ghost in the Machine


Well isn't it just the way? Now that I'm back on track and ready to make my weaving way with posts of note and rambles of goodness, there seems to be a hitch in my get-along. Or rather perhaps a ghost in the machine. Hello technology, box of circuits that I have become so very dependent on, interwebs vast and mysterious, hello....hello?

There has been an uneasy amount of troubles 'round these parts concerning such things. I am unable to access my flickr account, so my photos are out of reach. All of my bookmarks have gone up in ether. I have been blocked from important sites... and then there's the spam.

Mayhaps the merry pranksters of cyberspace are playing a bit of a trick on me at the moment. Certainly the spurious "Perceval, Humphry, Dennis, Quintin, Jeffrey and Randolph" have been at me with more spam than 'Spamalot' ever could imagine. One side effect of this Spamathon has been that some honest to goodness comments from real life lovely readers have gone astray. Especially from some of the new folks, so if you have been nice enough to leave a word and thought me rude for not acknowledging you, I am so sorry. Let me say Welcome! now and thank you for stopping by.

This particular annoyance has lead to me making some changes in protocol. Comments will now be moderated. I hated to do it, but it must be done. I will also be making more of an appearance in the comments as well so that I can be sure to take note of every kind soul who drops in for a visit.

I really do have some nice things planned so I'm hoping I can get these ghosties and goblins sorted and sent packing! In the meantime, thank you for your understanding and patience.

Up and coming for next week: A happy how-to, a book report, and the titillating tale of a 'long lost' returning to the fold.

Happy weekending all!

12 comments:

Katiebee said...

love the pictures of the old keys!

xo

katie

Flaming Nora said...

Blogger too seems to have a lots of ghosts in its machine at the moment. Dull boring and most generally a pain in the behind. Looking forward to next week.

Pomona said...

Sorry you have had all those trials and tribulations - I find it best to moderate comments - it does ward off the dodgies!

Pomona x

Mom L said...

I wish you'd come moderate my life! And if you ever figure out how to work the cyber system, beam Henry out here to me so I can hold him!!! In fact, beam Pony Girl to me any time - what a beautiful child!!!

Nancy in Iowa

Sherri B. said...

Sorry that you have had so many cyber woes! It would be a rare occasion if I did not leave you a comment so if one was missing then there is a theif in the shadows!

Sounds like you have some fun things planned for us...can't wait!

Have a great weekend. xo

Lola Nova said...

Thank you for the sympathy ladies. Nancy, I'll let you know if I ever get that figured out :)

Kate said...

Ugh! What a waste of time.
Frustrating and tedious computer issues reallly do my head in.
I'm so pleased you are feeling inspired over here though. Looking forward to seeing what you've got planned for this gorgeous little space.

greenrabbitdesigns said...

That's technology for you! No such trouble like that with good old typewriters!!
Happy weekend,
Vivienne x

june at noon said...

Oh, dear, the dark side of the fancy, shiny do-it-all machines. Hope you get it sorted soon!

Itchin' Stitchin' said...

Oh my! Get them out as soon as possible. I hold my breath every time I see posts like this...not that it is contagious in anyway but still the thought of everything getting jammed. It's bad enough I'm an impatient mouse clicker.

Tas said...

While the SHIFT key is appropriate to your post, I did think that it said SHIT key...also appropriate.

Hope the balance is restored soon.

x

adamsrice said...

Love the macro shots. The engineer told me about your new camera and lens a while ago, so I thought I would check out your new photographs.