Monday, April 29, 2013

Grab Bag Monday

Oh hello!

Last week we had the most delicious weather! It was very tempting to stay in that sunny spot from my last post and not move an inch. However, my lollygagging ways are over. I am almost back to my abnormal self and there is so much to catch up on, so many things to do! Still trying to get my blogging legs back so forgive if I'm a little rusty. This weekend I started the ball rolling and got to a bit of to-doing.



I had a flash of an idea for making, then upon inspection I realized I'm pants at buying solids and my stash was pretty bare. So you see, I absolutely had to make a trip to my favorite local fabric shop and pick up a few cheery bits.


Then I spied these little darlings and somehow they came home with me, practically leapt into my bag I tell you!
I am hoping my making mojo comes back soon, my trusty sewing machine is gathering dust and looking woefully neglected.

On getting back to routine and feeling lots better, I decided a tiny celebration was in order. So I baked a cake. Not one of them fancy pants layered with impeccable frosting and picture perfect cakes, nope. Rather, one of them everyday cakes that make the house smell divine and one is hard pressed to let it cool before grabbing a slice and gobbling it up while standing over the kitchen sink.


I used This Recipe for an apple cake and it is very, very tasty!

Well my dears, as I said - much to do and I am to it!  Happy Monday!

10 comments:

greenrabbitdesigns said...

That happens to me too, you turn your back and fabric, yarn etc. just jump into your bag, it's a strange thing! ;)
Glad your feeling better!
V xxx

Flaming Nora said...

drool drool. for both fabrics and cake.

Penny said...

Ooooh the cake, looks simply irresistable. Love your fabric choices too, hope you get your creative mojo back very soon xox Penny

Itchin' Stitchin' said...

That cakes looks so yummy! My sewing machine is collecting dust too, must be all this unusual sunshine.

Jo said...

Good to see you out and about. Lovely fabrics, what are you going to do?

Jennie said...

Both the fabric and cake looks delicious! Loving the solids, I'm pretty terrible at finding any in my stash too!xx

Sherri B. said...

You sound like you are getting back to your old self...so good to see!

I can smell that cake now, and I can picture my own self standing right over the sink..yum. xo

Annie Cholewa said...

I have the same problem, I only have to pass a shelf of yarn and some of it just leaps into my basket! And passing a cake I often find a slice sticks to my fingers ... funny that ;)

Wendy said...

Love the colours of the printed fabrics..I am so into golden yellow and orange right now. I can also never stop myself buying more fabric than I intended when I am in a fabric shop - it's utterly irresistable. I did it on Saturday. :)

And as for that cake...well..YUM! Apple cakes smell the best.

june at noon said...

I don't have many solids either. Yours are so bright and happy! I've been slow to blog lately too, just too much going on to keep up with at the moment. Maybe I need to eat some cake over the sink too. :)