Wednesday, March 11, 2015


I've come down with a bit of cold, so yesterday in my disoriented state I decided Pony Girl needed a 70's style Boho dress, so I made one, as you do. I just grabbed an old curtain panel and a bit of leftover shot cotton and whipped it up quick sticks. 

I've also decided that she should wear it with a vintage apron à la The Sound of Music. We'll see if she agrees to this.

And this wrinkled mess is a design in progress; the bodice for a dress. While I liked my original design, as you can see from my slap dash markings that many changes are coming.

Oh now this is getting tricky. I might wait until my head is clear again before tackling this further!

What are you up to?


Jennifer said...

The dress is so pretty. I can't believe you did it in just one day. I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who uses old curtains in sewing; I like to embroider on them, for one thing.

Frankie Carson said...

Love the dress! Reminds me of little house on the prairie!

Flaming Nora said...

The new lines look much better! And in a dark almost if you close your eyes black teenage colour. Xx

tracie @ beets+birch said...

i stumbled across your blog and just WOW i am in love with it! totally stalking it and sucking up all the beauty!