Monday, September 15, 2008

Perspective



If you refer back to my last post and pumpkin picture, you can see some time has passed since I last graced this blog with any attention. Sometimes you just get so busy with living, that days sneak away from you like little skittery bugs. Fall is coming and that usually means a little more time indoors and projects aplenty (not to mention homemade soup and freshly baked bread).

So, what is in the works?
Kylie has shown me some preliminary sketches of a few new Lola Nova logos, very exciting. I liked them all so much I couldn't choose just one.
I am considering posting a sew-along next month, using a pattern from one of my favorite children's clothing designers. I need to ask said designer if she is down with it first. I will keep y'all posted on that one.
I have a new Lola Nova design I am stewing on and I'm hoping to make some headway on that, for now it's all just in my noggin and in a poorly drawn sketch on a grocery receipt.
Then there is a little matter of Fall and Winter clothes for my girl. I need to break out my old stand-by patterns for cords and jumpers along with a new jacket I want to try.
Finally, our basement has nearly reached critical mass and it's time to sort and purge. This is a project that always induces a bit of dread and procrastination. I just need to muster my gumption and sally forth. Maybe that's where I will find my perspective.

No comments: