Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Box of Happy

Another tale from a 'big box of happy'...coming from my mum. You see, from time to time my mother gathers up bits and baubles that she thinks I might like. Perhaps a yard sale, a neighbor's uncluttering, ebay, or even her own stash of goodness.

When she has enough things to fill a box, she then sends them off to me. I receive them with a little happy dance and then savor the process of going through the box of delights.

I thought I would share the latest. I wish we could get some decent light around here. We had a sun break yesterday but, I used the opportunity to work in the garden instead of photographing.

A whole lovely mess of vintage linens, pot holders and some much desired vintage wooden hangars!

And then this treat...

I love this little Japanese tray and coaster set in mint vintage condition along with those bright red knitting needles with wee wooden tops! Both of these items are from my mother's own collection and I am just pleased as punch that she wanted to share them with me.

The linens need a good soaking and washing before I decide their fate, but I look forward to that kind of laundry.

Speaking of my dear mum, she is coming to visit later this week and we are quite excited to see her!

I will be back tomorrow to hopefully show you what me and my machine have been getting up to.

14 comments:

Floss said...

Oh, happy indeed! I'm interested to see that your mum has found many things that I might have found in France - vintage tastes were similar, I think! And the tray and coasters are wonderful.

Sherri B. said...

How fun! What a good mother you have to share the treasures with you. I would have had a hard time giving up the tray and coasters for sure. Can't wait to see the results from you and your machine.

Katiebee said...

a big box of happy indeed! i love the tray and coasters~ you're a lucky girl indeed~

enjoy~

june at noon said...

Lucky you! The box even made me happy, and I can't play with all the stuff! :)

Vic said...

"Oooh" and "Ahhh" she sighs in awe.

Lucky, lucky Lola!

I ADORE the trays & RED knitting needles... how great is your Mum?! What a lovely suprise!

Leanne said...

Oh this is such a lovely idea. What a great Mum you have...way to go with the happy!

crzylady said...

mums are so good! What a bright box of goodies! Enjoy your visit

Ariella said...

great box of such pretty goodies!

Unknown said...

I absolutely love the knitting needles! What a sweet mom! They are such great gifts.

Cut&Alter said...

What a very lovely box of goodies - you lucky lady! I too have something to send you - if you can remember that far back. You won a giveaway of mine (under a different then home, heart, happiness) and now I must honour that - many, many apologies for the long wait. Can you actually remember that far back?!!! I also don't have your address anymore - my computer died a death and all the info went with. So if you can mail me your address I can mail you something over the ocean. Cheers x

Anonymous said...

holly molly, you're mum's a keeper! ;) these are gorgeous!! x

lifeshighway said...

You have the sweetest Mom, I need to take some lessons from her.

A Bun Can Dance said...

I love the tray and coasters :-)
Lucky you!
D x

Christie - Childhood 101 said...

What a beautiful box of goodness :)