Well, it was quite a weekend! Full of drama, ups and downs...
Of course it all started with the riveting tale of a runaway chicken who was lost and then found. For today I thought I might just give a little re-cap of the peaks and valleys of our weekend here at the little green cottage.
On the DOWN side:
* Raccoons almost eat a chicken or two, chasing off our beloved Suki to parts unknown.
* A reckless wasp flew into my sandal and before reaching his ultimate end, gave one last painful sting to the underside arch of my foot.
* An even more reckless mouse wandered into the basement, presumably looking for meal and a bed, only to find instead The Buddha Cat. Reaching his ultimate end and deposited into a box of cabbage for later discovery by someone intent on making a batch of kimchi.
* Our long suffering sucker fish was discovered belly up (oh my the bodies are piling up 'round here). He spent all his days meticulously scrubbing the inside of the tank, keeping it tidy and neat. I am choosing to take this as a lesson in what being too fussy about housework can get you.
On the UP side:
* Suki was found and returned to the coop with tales to tell to her feathered friends.
* After ages of not sewing a stitch, I took to my studio and free-handed a tres simple pattern for a summer nightie for Pony Girl. It whipped up in no time, easy peasy ready for that nights post bath cuddle. (As luck would have it, when donned by the girl and told to give it a twirl, she cried! This on the DOWN side of things...however, the next day she wanted to wear it out and about as a dress instead, UP side)
* The garden is full of colorful blooms at the moment, making my heart happy.
* The weather has been perfect, sunny and bright with a cool breeze.
* The Engineer and I went to an outdoor concert of The Avett Brothers and had a tremendous time!
* Sunday afternoon was spent in the back yard with family, guitars, good food and dragonflies.
All in all, it turned out pretty swell and it's good to remember...
You gotta get up to get down!
I hope you all had a good weekend.
Next time, I am very excited to share one of my favorite summer time traditions here at the little green cottage!