Tuesday, February 15, 2011

and it only took me a year to make

Last week whilst I was dabbling in the studio, I went a-looking for something amongst the piles of fabric which got me to wondering, 'Where has that maid gone, she should really tidy up this joint!' Oops, I'm pretty sure we don't have a maid, we just have me. I gave myself a good talking to, in which I used the phrase, "Shape up or ship out!" then I had a proper sulk for I didn't need to be quite so hard on myself. After all that was done, I still hadn't found the item I was searching for but I did find this! A jacket I had started a year ago for Pony Girl, I'd nearly forgotten all about it and felt terrible for neglecting such a shiny bit of possibility. Would it still fit? Would I recall the seam allowance I had used?

Well, I forged ahead and put all the last bits together...

and it fits!

With some room to grow even!

and I even managed a wee stuffed bunny to go along.

Avalon Jacket and Insa skirt from the Book "Sewing Clothes Kids Love"

20 comments:

Cath @ chunkychooky said...

Brilliant! I bet Pony girl loves it!

Kate said...

My goodness that outfit is divine!!
How could you not have fun wearing that.
You have totally inspired me to go and have a look through the piles in my sewing room. If I can get in there. My maid needs a good talking to as well. if only. X

Katiebee said...

That is adorable!!! She is one lucky litte girl~ I would have loved her wardrobe when I was little~

willywagtail said...

Wow. Made a year ago and still fits, with room to grow. Amazingg! It is terrific with those strong contrasts and looks warm too. Love the little peplum in the back. Cherrie

Itchin' Stitchin' said...

Love it!! I love the skirt too. The patches on the front are really cute.

Terrie said...

It's fabulous! I love the details!

Unknown said...

Oh my it was worth the wait , love it !

Tas said...

Wow, a lovely version of the Avalon. I knew that there was a reason I tend to make things on the big side...so that when I finally finish them, they will still fit the intended recipient lol.

Cathie said...

my maid is sitting on the computer as we speak reading through her google reader, she definitely needs a talking to!

good things take time & in your case fabulous things take a year!
Pony girl looks fabulous & you can tell she LOVES it ♥

Vintage Tea Time said...

Awesome jacket - it looks fab on Pony Girl - I bet she loves it! And a bunny too! Well done!

Colette said...

Amazing - the back is incredible. Hooray for long lost treasures - that still fit!

Tania said...

The jacket is blooming GORGEOUS. The bunny? Now that's just showing off...

. said...

Woah, that is one awesome jacket. Pony Girl looks like she could be a stewardess for Zany Airways, I love it! x

willow and moo said...

Oh the avalon jacket is super fabulous! :)

greenrabbitdesigns said...

What a gorgeous jacket. :)
You see you were just meant to find it and not the other thing you were looking for, that's for another day.
And a bunny too, there's always room for another bunny! :)
Vivienne x

harmony and rosie said...

It's a work of art, looks beautifully made too. Thank goodness for the extra room, I bet she will get a lot of wear out of this one.

Mom L said...

Pony Girl is a vision of loveliness, whimsey and Spring!
Oh, and my maid went missing, too. Hmpf.

Nancy in Iowa

Sherri B. said...

That turned out so sweet. I remember when you shared it and I called my daughter and told her she just had to come take a look. I had forgotten all about it. I love that it is so tailored but not boring and drab.

diane said...

just so freakin cute i can't stand it!

- said...

This looks like professional designer jacket...well it is!