Monday, February 28, 2011

Blue Monday

It was a dark and stormy night...

It really was, and now it's a dark and stormy day. Still, I woke up this morning determined and enthusiastic about the tasks before me. Lot's of work to do you know. Morning coffee was made, there were clean school clothes, I ate a very lovely piece of toast slathered with homemade marionberry jam, I fetched my happy dots umbrella, and school drop went off without a hitch. Returning home, I thought of the post I would write for my shiny place here before getting on with the very important business of the day.

And this is where it all starts to turn out differently than I had planned. I should have known something was amiss when I saw the hundred crows descend from the sky and land on my roof with a whole chorus of raspy shouts.

I sat down at my desk, the place I do my very important work and online window shopping (I swear it's all research!) My photo editing program was having fits and would not save my files. The internet was slow as molasses but, I forged ahead and wrote my post, waited ages for some other photos to load so you would have something nice to look at...I hit publish and all went dark! No post in sight, no post hiding in the corners, no post under the bed. O.k. once more with feeling! I tried again and the entire computer crashed. Now, at this point I kinda had the urge to do some throwing, kicking, stomping exercise all over this here computer but, a few deep breaths and a get back on that horse attitude, have given me the patience to give it one more go. If this fails, it may be days before I'm heard from again. I am crossing my fingers and making promises to the cyber forces that be. I promise, I will defrag and do my due diligence disk cleanup as soon as this goes live!

Now that I am significantly behind for a tutorial re-shoot (on this dark and stormy day with nary enough light for cats to see by) I think I will retire from this tantrum tossing computer and dream of rainy day yarn and a cozy corner to while away the afternoon whilst I try to get my shots. Ooh, which reminds me, I have camera confessions to share later in the week!

I hope your day goes off without a hitch!

15 comments:

greenrabbitdesigns said...

Oh dear, computers can be a right pain (polite version) sometimes, can't they!!!
Nice yarn! :)
Vivienne x

Unknown said...

Blue Monday indeed. The weather has had its affect on me. It's not necessarily bad; just different.

I hope you get your computer issues resolved. Seems like everyone is having problems with their machines lately. Knock on wood...

Flaming Nora said...

Bang bang bang, stamp stamp stamp, raaaaaaahhhhh! Does that feel better? I once got so angry with our old computer that I completely lost it and head butted the arm of the sofa really hard. Much harder than I thought it was going to be. Much more painful that I ever imagined it would be. I had a dent in my forehead for about 4 days! Thankfully I was on my own when it happened, I wore my fringe down for a while and some how no one noticed.

andrea creates said...

oh no! good luck with your computer...i hate when they won't cooperate-
and... i call it "research" too sometimes :)

Vintage Tea Time said...

Oh, nothing worse than a naughty computer! Lovely wool :) Hope tomorrow's a better day for you x

Sherri B. said...

Not the meanie computer syndrome! I am so sorry for you..I can still feel the sting of the blow my computer gave me and the nightmares to go with. I am threatening, once I become rich and famous, to buy a back up machine, just in case...that will show it!
Hope you get it worked out soon and with as little grief as possible.

mel @ loved handmade said...

That is very pretty yarn to curl up with, sounds like a lovely way to spend a rainy day. It's the first day of autumn here today & it's soooo cold & windy with dark grey sky, you'd think it was the depths of winter..I may just follow your lead...

june at noon said...

Oh, computers. So useful, yet such a pain in the arse! The photo is really lovely.

harmony and rosie said...

Oh how we rely on them now. I'm so glad it's bed time and Blue Monday is over (for us in the UK)!

I do hope tomorrow is Happy Tuesday?!

. said...

Okay, so by a 'degree of separation' thing why have I got 'Love will tear us a part" zooming around my head? Answers on a postcard please!
Gorgeous photo, x

lifeshighway said...

Here is hoping today is less blue and full of color.

I also get very frustrated with technology. Although not as angry as a girl friend who got angry, ripped her printer off her desk, opened her back door and threw her printer out on her back patio. When I went over to her house, I saw the printer debris out her kitchen window and never said a word.

We laughed later.

diane said...

"life's a joke, then you croak"- my grandma always used to say ; )

anxiously awaiting camera confessions.....

Itchin' Stitchin' said...

Sometimes I wish my computer worked liked an Etch-A-Sketch where I could just shake it to get all the unwanted yuck off.

Faeryfay said...

Hahaha! Life can be so unexpected at times! I always have problems with technology!:-)

D @ Homemade & Happy said...

Oh, the techno thingy - it's always trying to baffle us and hinder our plans, isn't it? You had a narrow escape, it seems!
I love the blue wool by the way :-)
Here's wishing you many stress-free techno days this Springtime!
D x