Monday, April 9, 2012

Oh Hello!

Well hello you!
I do so hope that everyone had a lovely holiday weekend!
I have had a most refreshing and rather busy break, but I am back and full of big ideas. Spending time with family was so good, and so needed. There is quite a lot to tell and share with you, I will have to do so in snippets here and there. I do believe the best way to begin, is for me to tell one good thing at a time.

So, good thing #1: The Weather. You may not think that the weather is any sort of exciting news, but after so many dark days of rain trust me, the truly fantastic Spring weather we were granted over the weekend is very exciting indeed. I cannot imagine a better gift than a bit of sunshine. It has put a big smile on our faces and made for a frolicking good weekend!

Even my latest thrifty finds came in all sunshiney yellow!

And as a special bit of Spring happy, two new members of the flock came to stay. Meet Daisy and Chavez.

...and though these two have nothing to do with the weather, two fluffy baby chicks sure do make for a sunny feeling in one's heart.

The weather was so glorious that there were altogether 3 egg hunts to enjoy. Now that is one determined basket wielding girl!

I do believe that as I type this the sun is slipping behind some ominous clouds and the rain may be returning. No matter, I am simply grateful for the sun's visit and the time with my beautiful family.

I shall return soon with more good things to tell!

10 comments:

Rosalie said...

Ach wie lieblich die kleinen Küken sind. Schöne Bilder!
Einen fröhlichen Start in die neue Woche und liebe Rosaliegrüße ∙∙♥♥∙∙

greenrabbitdesigns said...

Sweet little chicks! Sounds like a perfect Easter. :)

mel @ loved handmade said...

Lovely to hear! The sunshine certainly makes a difference..x

vintage grey said...

I am so glad you had such a lovely break with your family!! Your new chicks are so cute!!! Love your yellow vintage finds!! So cheery!! xo Heather

june at noon said...

How wonderful that the sunshine found you! As long as it keeps visiting, the darker days are bearable, right?

mybeardedpigeon@gmail.com said...

we have been having beautiful weather too. i love Pony Girls dress and I love your chicks, lucky a certain someone is not looking over my shoulder.

Tania said...

WHo ever heard of a chick called Chavez? LOVE IT. Now come on, lady, give - what's all this good news bizzo you're keeping under your hat?

teddybearswednesday said...

Chavez and Daisy are the bomb, and I know what you mean about chickies making you feel sunny inside.
I'm excited to hear about your good news! lovely to have you "back" i've been missing you ! xo

Unknown said...

I agree. The weather here has been AMAZING! Such a nice break.

Sherri B. said...

I believe that there is no more glorious place than the Northwest when the sun is on us! - Congratulations on your fuzzy new family members...how fun! - Great thrift finds, especially the elusive vintage Pyrex in good shape. xo