Wednesday, May 8, 2013

WIP Wednesday


My Work In Progress.  A little glimpse at what has been keeping me up at night. Drafting a pattern I hope will be for sale this Fall. This is the first muslin (or fabric draft) I was working with, making adjustments and notes for pattern changes. It is a process of trial and error, small set backs and successes and evolution. Look at that dappled sunlight on my work surface, so pretty.

What have you been working on?

edited for clarification:
"Muslin" is a cotton fabric, but it is also a term that refers to a draft garment. You can make a muslin out of muslin, but you can also use whatever fabric you have on hand. I used some old cotton quilting fabric that was given to me.

8 comments:

Penny said...

I too have never sewn with muslin but think it will drape perfectly. I've just finished sewing a spring patchwork quilt cover for my daughter, I'm now knitting myself a summer cotton cardigan. Look forward to seeing what you're making, have fun! xxx Penny

Flaming Nora said...

What you call muslin we call calico. What you call calico we call lawn. God only knows what you call what we call muslin.

Sherri B. said...

How exciting to be working on a pattern to sell, it looks like it will be so sweet. The dappled light does look good on it...for some reason I got flash of my childhood in summer when I first looked at it, a happy feeling (sigh).

The closest I have come to a sewing project, is a sewing machine that I gave to my daughter-in-law, last night. Oh, actually, come to think of it, I have part of an apron cut out right now in the other room that I forgot all about, thanks for jogging my memory! xo

harmony and rosie said...

It's a lovely photo Alex, very peaceful and a soothing light. Your pattern plans sound intriguing!

dottycookie said...

I have been weaving and weaving. And a little bit of sewing. And unpicking some truly hideous crochet. What I haven;t been doing is sorting out my garden, which I need to do right now if we're going to have any strawberries this summer.

Annie Cholewa said...

That image says it all ... industry and creative energy! Can't wait to see what you come up with :)

Hermine said...

Dear Lola Nova, I just wanted to thank you for your tutorial (crochet frames) not only did I discovered I loved crochetting but I also discovered a blog I really love!!!
thank you for these two great gifts!
I transleted part of your tutorial in french for the french readers, it is linked to your blog of course and I hope you don't mind my doing this.
I also added your blog to my favorite blogs roll, and thoses sandwishes are looking too good!
mmmh
thanks again for everything,
take care,
Hermine (from Pomme coing)

june at noon said...

Very exciting! I know you'll do a fabulous job!