Monday, August 25, 2014

Made It Monday

Dress: McCall's 6275
Pants: Simplicity 4572

Since we returned from our lovely holiday we have been playing catch up and getting ready for Fall and the start of school. Do you ever wish you could have a vacation to recover from your vacation? For my part, I have been in a mad rush to get school supplies and to stitch up some quick school clothes.

I have a stash of mainstream patterns that have been picked up for pennies, given to me, or come to me from a number of places. Many of them are not exactly my cup of tea, but why not go through them and see which are keepers and which to pass on. The plus side of this is that I don't have to spend time drafting my own patterns and most of them are super fast to stitch up. Since school is starting next Tuesday, that is a good thing.

Simplicity 2689

The dress above was made from a vintage sheet that I acquired from Sherri of Little House in Paradise.
*
The Engineer has been busy as well. He finished up a gorgeous coffee table made from reclaimed wood.


It turned out beautifully and is the perfect compliment to our living room. I love it! 


He and a good friend also worked crazy hard on Saturday to build a chicken run to keep our pesky hens out of the garden beds. Hooray!


Oh, and Pony Girl has been making stuff too!


What have you been up to? Make anything lately?


5 comments:

Flaming Nora said...

Ooh lovely! I am totally with you on the need to have a holiday to egg over the holiday thing. I came back more exhausted than before I left. All this relaxing is really hard work!

Colette said...

Oh absolutely, I'm feeling exhausted by this jam packed summer, I'm ready for a slower Autumn. Not happy to see the girls back to school next week though, I needed them for longer, we have so much more to do!

june at noon said...

Love the blue dress, love the table, love it all! My second grader started school today, and my kindergartner starts tomorrow. I really, truly can't quite accept that it's time yet. And now I'm trying to motivate myself to get working on all the stuff that's piled up over the summer! (We have that same Lego set!)

Anonymous said...

Just love those clothes you made. Revving up here to deal with a plum bonanza!

sustainablemum said...

Yes a holiday after a holiday is something I need. It is the putting away bit I loathe ;)