Monday, January 18, 2010

Hello Monday

First, I want to thank you all for coming to my little party. I had such a lovely time and it was so nice to see so many new faces! I appreciate all the stripey sock love going on as well, you truly are friends of impeccable taste. Oh yes, I have someone's cake plate here, it's white with red birds and very pretty; on second thought, never mind, no I don't have it...I was mistaken.

Today's post will be brief. While I have felt so very fortunate this last week, my heart aches for the devastation, loss and sadness of Haiti. There are many blogs, communities, organizations and good folk out there doing great works. Just look around and you will find poignant words and heroic deeds. I will leave it to those more capable of expressing the words to accompany the emotions. There are many ways, small and mighty, to contribute to the relief.

Here are some links:
crafthope.com

indiefixx.com

CNN's List of helping organizations

I will be back on Wednesday with a wee crafty tutorial. Until then, give your close ones a big hug and call those that may be far away and tell them you love them! Stay safe and sound my dears.

2 comments:

lifeshighway said...

Thanks for the links. I give extra hugs tonight.

Angry birds clone said...

Nice! Great blog. Thanks for sharing. It was very interesting and meaningful.
Groupon Clone| Groupon Clone Script| groupon clone|