Monday, January 11, 2010

It's A Hook Book!

I didn't mean to go a-disappearing there, life sometimes just rolls along at it's own speed and I roll with it. In fact, this month of January might just be a little sparse on the blog front, for I am more than ever, a woman pressed for time. I haven't been able to keep up with my blog visiting either but, I know that you are all such a lovely lot that you will find it in your hearts to cut me a little slack, yes?

For today, I thought I would share a little post holiday present that I made for my own self. It's a hook book!

One of those, "I must have it right now!" kind of projects. It came to me as I was working on a little crochet somethin' somethin', watching the cat batting about my I hook and all my stitch markers fell to the floor, scattering to the far corners of 'Neverfind'.

So, away I went down to my basement corner (which now, thanks to the engineer, is no longer a threat of frostbite to a body) and started pulling a few recycled and vintage bits from the various cupboards. I threw it together in a relatively short time, and whilst I am unnerved by the dubious yellow parts, I think it will be of great service.

There is a zipper pocket to keep my stitch markers and yarn needles from making a break for it. Enough nooks and crannies for a family of hooks, even a little pocket for notes. There's a flap to keep slippery hook folk from sliding out willy nilly. There are a couple of kinks to work out before I call it a smashing success, next time I will include a place to keep a wee pair of snips. Oh I do believe there will be a few of these in my future.

Until next we meet my dears, I hope you have found your 2010 legs and are dancing into the new year.

17 comments:

edward and lilly said...

It's so lovely, and practical! I love your choice of fabric.

dottie angel said...

it's totally perfect, yellow fabric and all... i see a bright future for you and your little hook purse :)

dottie angel said...

did i say hook purse... have i lost my mind, of course i meant hook book. forgive my word slip, spent a tad too long in the company of little olive, used dog and Miss Ethel today. enough to make one go a little batty...

Unknown said...

genius! so cute. what a great idea! love your fabric choices. colours are divine together. xo m.

june at noon said...

I am a sucker for "things to put things in," and I think this is fabulous! I have a hook roll, which works great, but I love how you'd added a pocket for other tools and made it into a book format. I bet you'd sell these very well!

Lola Nova said...

Well shucks! Thank you all for the very nice comments.

dottie - I suppose you could call it a "hook clutch" which is a type of purse...so not too far off.

june - things to put things in are awesome!

crzylady said...

beautiful! And so crisp. I'm in awe of the red stitching. Such perfection! Love love love it!

Aussie-waffler said...

So cute, and handy to boot. I know what you mean about struggling with time managment at the moment, there just aren't enough hours in the day.

Beck said...

Aren't you a clever girl? Love the little book. As for time management, let me know if you come up with a plan. I'm fresh out of ideas xo

lifeshighway said...

I love the little hook purse. Will you be offering this item in your etsy store? Because I know someone I would give it to.

Rubyred said...

This is gorgeous! Love the fabric choice too!
Rachel x

urban craft said...

beautifully done! Make me want to get on my crocheting and knitting!

Mom L said...

So - you have a need and you just go whip up something to fix it! You are amazing!

Nancy in Iowa

Floss said...

Wonderful little book!

cecilia.cascais said...

So lovely.
kiss

Pia K said...

i loved it on flickr and i love it here! the fabric is grand and that little bird-flap, sweet. i'm so pleased with the one you sent me in our swap:)

Vic said...

Oh is it terribly wrong & consumer-ish of me to want to learn to crochet JUST so that I can beg you for one of these of my very own...?!

...because that is what I very much wish to do!!!

Beautiful work my dear.