Wednesday, March 17, 2010

five

My Sweet Girl,
Today you are tall and impossibly five. You are a wonder. You are funny, smart, quirky, imaginative, determined, empathetic, beautiful and have the most amazing enthusiasm for life of anyone I have ever known. There never was a doubt, even before you made your way out of my belly, that you were magic and a star of the utmost kind. You have already changed the world at this tender age, just imagine what you may yet do!
Knowing you has changed me, made me a better person, made me want to continue to be a better person. I am so glad you found me, I can't imagine it any other way. I can not begin to express the amount of joy you have brought me, the joy you bring to all who know you. Keep singing and dancing and dreaming, keep going your own way.
I love you
Happy Birthday

14 comments:

Katiebee said...

What a lucky little girl to have such a thoughtful mama~
Happy Birthday Pony Girl!

crzylady said...

Yea for determined young girls! Hope birthday was fabulous! We're sending you all happy vibes!

lifeshighway said...

Happy Birthday, Pony Girl. May your years be full of wonder.

Mom L said...

Pony Girl, I love you for making your Mom so happy!

A Bun Can Dance said...

oh how lovely - it brought tears to my eyes! You are a lovely Mum and your gorgeous girl is lucky to have found you.
Happy Birthday beautiful girl - dancing really is the only way to travel through life :-)
Happy days!
Denise x

Floss said...

Hapy birthday to such a special girl, and happy anniversary of her birth to such a special mother!

june at noon said...

Very sweet. Quite a bit how I feel about my own girl. Happy birthday to yours!

Aussie-waffler said...

I hope that Pony Girl had the happiest of Happy Birthdays. We're only a few weeks in, but so far I'm thinking that five is a cracker of an age. Petal is making me laugh more then ever. x

Ariella said...

Ah, true love.
Happy birthday to your precious girl!

Fledgling said...

"Mama exhorted her children at every opportunity to 'jump at de sun.' We might not land on the sun, but at least we would get off the ground."
Zora Hurston, Dust Tracks on a Road, 1942

Jump, Pony Girl! Jump!

And, Alex, may I suggest a present? For her 18th birthday? Your words today and a loaf of bread. So she'll know you'll always come and find her. (The anecdote you shared is precious).

Beautiful words you shared. Thank you.

-N.

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday Miss Five! May you dance, and sing, and play and eat lots of cake! xo m.

Mare said...

Happy Birthday Pony Girl! I'm sending Hugs and Kisses and Love your way!

Sherri B. said...

If more children could be loved and charished like you do your precious Pony Girl the world would certainly be a happier place....Happy Big 5 Pony Girl !!

diane said...

oh my- i am tearing up! hope she had a wonderful day!