Monday, October 11, 2010

Hello Monday - Big Bag of Happy

Happy Monday all! This weekend brought the rain in buckets, and a chill in the bones. I was blindsided by an outrageous head cold that laid me up and knocked me out.
Still, there is a silver lining. Whilst snuffling on the couch I finally became reacquainted with hook and yarn. Not performing at full capacity I thought it best to pick up an unfinished project that began ages ago. It first started out as a seat cover for a stool. And then became a bed for the Buddha Cat.

Now it is finished and has turned into a big bag of happy to hold my yarn! Working with these vibrant colors certainly brightened my days. Countless cups of tea were drunk while I went round and round. I am thrilled with the results and so glad to have a place for my yarn lovelies. I am so pleased to be back at the hook again as well.

If you would like to make your very own Big Bag of Happy, Lucy from Attic 24 has the whole lovely pattern waiting for you!

Have a super day!

18 comments:

Катаринка said...

ОООООО!!!!!!!
Какая красивая , яркая , очень четкая сумка ! Хочу себе такую !!!!!
Катя из Сибири

june at noon said...

Very happy colors indeed! Hope you're feeling better.

Wendy said...

Looks so cheerful. We've caught a few bugs around here, too. Hope you're back on your feet soon!

Serenata said...

Lovely and bright and cheerful, perfect for your wool stash!

Unknown said...

Amazing! I'm definitely going to try making one of those soon. Well done. :)

harmony and rosie said...

If only I could crochet for that is STUNNING. Almost a reason to learn actually xx

Cath @ chunkychooky said...

Oh it is gorgeous!!! Love it!

Michelle said...

Oh just got to love Lucy...
Her patterns are fabulous!!!
Love your bag LOLA...
Sweet...

Chantal said...

Big bag of happy indeed! It's fabulous (and therapeutic too - you can't not smile looking at it!). Love it.

Kate said...

That is the happiest bag I have ever, ever seen!
I love everything about it.
So pleased to hear you are hooked on the hook again. X

willow and moo said...

That is one gorgeous big bag of happy. Love those colours!

Katiebee said...

what a cheery bag! so bright & colorful~ thanks for info on the tomatoes~

hope you're feeling better~

Tas said...

Wow. That is one happy bag. Can't help but smile.

Mom L said...

What a beautiful happy bag! It's gorgeous - brightens my day just looking at it.

You know I'm leaving Iowa in a couple of days for a very long road trip that will take me to my beloved grandson?!!

Nancy in Iowa

Anita P. said...

Beautiful bag Lola!

Amazing happy colours, lovely.

Kisses

Mare said...

That is absolutely Gorgeous my friend! I hope you are feeling much better....

Cathie said...

that bag would definitely make me smile everytime I looked at it!
hope all that tea & the yarn have made you better.
happy day to you & just so you know, it's spring here & it has been raining ALL day & the heater is back on..arghh

Lelê Barros Ateliê said...

Hello!
Very beautiful, the colors are perfect, charming.
Congratulations!
I'm following you for updates.
Bjs
Lele

Come visit me and know my work.
http://jlartesanatos.blogspot.com/