Friday, November 5, 2010

The fine print

One of those days...
I'm sure you're quite familiar with the sort. A day with lists and plans and jobs and chores and scurrying about trying to catch up. A day that makes a good argument for keeping a calendar and writing down important dates and events. Yes. I have such a calendar, it's in a spot that I walk past everyday. There it is with it's appointments, reminders, deadlines and notes in fine print. I'ts a good thing indeed. Still, a calendar is only truly useful when you look at the darn thing from time to time.
Well, that'll teach me. We were off to a rocky start from the get go and it all went tumbling off course from there. I knew it, I should have stayed in bed! Ah well, nothing terribly bad happened but, I'm still a bit out of sorts.

I think I will cheer myself up by heading out to Modern Domestic's open house this evening. If you are in the Portland area, you should check it out. Maybe I'll see you there!

Have a good weekend friends.

12 comments:

Sherri B. said...

Oh, h. e. double toothpicks...I would have gone if I was in town. It looks like it will be great, you can have fun for all of us that can't make it. Have a great time and let us know how it went.

That will teach me to start keeping a calendar of these events and plan around them.

Cathie said...

every year I buy a diary, and every year it remains 80% empty & now with the kids around, it is used as a scribble book when we are out & in need of entertainment.
i hope tomorrow is not one of those days for you but one of those days where you smile allll day long.

Cathie said...

you know I meant to say a calendar diary right..

mel @ loved handmade said...

It's been a bit like that around here this week too, all a bit out of sorts, and remebering appointmets only JUST because I keep not looking at the calendar that is full of reminders... I hope your weekend is a great one!

Kate said...

I loved reading ALL those seven things in the last post.
I love that you are not ruled by your fine print either.
I think that people who get everything done on their lists, might just not have enough on their lists.
Have a happy, giggly weekend. X

june at noon said...

What a lovely picture. Hope the next day is better. (I have to remember to read my planner, too, or I miss everything!)

harmony and rosie said...

I keep a diary but then forget to look at it! I absolutely love the photo, it looks like it belongs in a book..

Flaming Nora said...

Glad its not just me. Think there is something in the air at the moment, every one seems to be having one of those days, though think mine is developing in to one of those months!

crzylady said...

oh.. calendars. They are so evil and taunting! I hope things have gotten set straight. If not I suggest making a fort out of blankets and pillows and having a tea party

Unknown said...

By the way, that photo is amazing. I can't wait to go back to bed today. Hah. :)

Heidi said...

You have been the talk of my little blow world lately so I just had to check you out and WOW! your amazing where to start....love your header and you are one creative lady.
My husbands whole family is from Portland. What a lovely place and amazing shopping and eateries!

lifeshighway said...

I LOVE your new header photo!