The lovely lady over at Harmony and Rosie has passed on a very nice award to me, The Versatile Blogger Award. Such a nice thing for her to do I think. The caveat is, I must share 7 things about myself that you don't already know. Now, I normally keep my blog award and tag free but, I must admit to enjoying reading what others have said about themselves so it seems only fair that I play along.
Let's see, what little tidbits can I share?
1. The last day job I had before Pony Girl came along, was at a wholesale essential oil and botanical ingredient company. I was one of the buyers for the ingredients that came from all over the world. I spent a lot of time talking with suppliers, growers, distillers etc. in countries from Australia, Egypt, Slovakia, Madagascar, China, Nepal and all points in between. I sampled and ordered French lavender oil and precious (expensive) Neroli oil. I discussed the properties of Shea butter with the women's collective in Africa who produced it. I loved the oils and learning about them, it was fascinating and intriguing. The company and it's owner, were less than desirable however.
2. When I was in my 20s I made and sold bath, tea and other herbal products, using essential oils, herbs and such. My business name was "Widow Creek".
3. One of my favorite jobs that I ever had, was as a bartender in a Hell's Angels biker bar in San Francisco. Those burly bikers took very good care of me, they referred to me as "Little Sister".
4. I have had both of my front teeth knocked out twice. Both times due to car accidents - 5 years apart. I miss my original teeth still.
5. When I was 12, I wanted to be a Solid Gold dancer.
6. When I was young, I had a strange fear of Monchhichi dolls.
7. My first love was a 1963 Ford/Mercury Comet. Oh how I loved that car! It was a sad day when I had to sell it.
Well, I hope that was at least vaguely interesting. Now I think it's my duty to pass along this little award to a few deserving souls.
1. Homegrown Insanity
2. Little House in Paradise
3. Schtuff at Home
So ladies, if you would like to play along, we want to know all about you! I will understand if you choose to opt out. It's up to you!