Friday, January 7, 2011

10 in 10 for 10 - Day 5

click the pic...amazing mural!

As I headed out to run my errands, I grabbed my camera unsure of what I would find today. Then I saw that someone had yarn bombed a telephone pole near where I parked my car, perfect!
All of my shots are taken on one street close to where I live, this one street is full of amazing and colorful murals and art work. "Street Art" if you will. It may not be to everyone's taste but, I truly believe that Community Art is vital, meaningful, and necessary to the fabric of our communities. A vibrant expression of the energy and spirit of our neighborhoods. By the people, for the people.

Also playing along:
Little House in Paradise
Colette
Loess Is More(stay tuned!)
Fledge - flying is easy
Flaming Nora
Handmade - Homegrown
Mad Crafty Mama

13 comments:

Cath @ chunkychooky said...

WOW!!! this is my kinda town! I love it. i knew i would love Portland. I was right to do a cushion- it is really as ace as I thought it would be. Great pics.

Flaming Nora said...

Blimey! never heard of yarn bombing before, have now though. Think you may have started something here! Now where did I leave those knitting needles....

Colette said...

Wow, what a riot of colour. I love to see community art, the one that children have done particularly appeals.

Anonymous said...

Love the yarn bombing, what a brilliant thing to find especially when you have your camera with you!!
Vivienne x

diane said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! makes me want to move to portland! ASAP!

and makes my first try today look pretty crappy :(

love the top left especially!

Beck said...

How lucky you are to live in a town that appreciates art & colour, that makes it a priority, that celebrates creativity!! Very inspiring xo

Itchin' Stitchin' said...

What a wonderful expression of the neighborhood! Oh I love to see street art - When I was really young I use to take pictures of what people called graffiti but I just considered it art.

BTW I really wish someone would yarn bomb something near me :)

Mare said...

I LOVE all the colorful street art! it is amazing! Your photos are awesome too...

Sherri B. said...

It is all amazing! I am so drawn to the black woman, top middle. It reminds me of a block print. I would love to know the story behind that one.

silverpebble said...

Whenever I see images of yarn bombing it makes me smile. I've never seen any in real life though. Now, what is this 10 in 10 for 10 project of which you speak?

Carol said...

What a colourful fantastic town. Never heard of yarn bombing before, what a great idea!
Carol xx

*❀* said...

wow! a riot of creativity, gorgeous mosaic, i could look at it all day.
i find your blog very inspriring, love your blogging voice and all be fabulous pics.
i just started a blog this week and feel a little lost (even though i had a practice run for three months once before). it's almost like i don't know who i am blogging-wise yet, i think it takes a while to settle in and find that voice - does that make any sense?
anyway, you have the perfect recipe and i love to visit :o)

hugs xxx

millie

*❀* said...

btw, i dropped a little yarn bomb in my patch but as i live in such a remote area i think i'm the only person that sees it, lol.