Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Sundry

First, I have to thank all of you lovelies for the sweet comments and all the encouragement you left for me on my last post. I feel so immensely grateful to have such wonderful readers with such kind hearts. You make me feel as though I could do anything!

As I mentioned, my stitching has slowed to an almost standstill. I do have one little bit of making to show. A pair of dungarees for Pony Girl. Made from the Farbenmix pattern, Berit. I love this pattern as they go together quickly and have a bit of interest to the piecing. I kept this pair on the simple side - since the denim I used was of heavy weight and too much embellishing would have made them even heavier.

I tried to get the girl to model them for pictures because they are much more charming that way, instead of laying on the table all flat and kidless. She would have none of it though.

In other stitch related news; I received the sweetest bundle from Denise of A Bun Can Dance. We had a little scrap swap between ourselves and across an ocean. What a wonderful package arrived at my door, with some special vintage pieces to boot! The lovely fabrics have me pondering and wanting to sew.


And now in completely unrelated but noteworthy news...
A little while ago I received an email from Sandy of Sandy and the 1000 Paper Cranes. Sandy is on a mission! To fold 1000 paper cranes, to write affirming, positive words on their wings, and release them into the world for people to find.
This is a pretty great idea so I thought I would spread the word. If you want to read about her project click here. You too can join in by making your own cranes and setting them free. How awesome is that?

Well, that's it for today. Have a swell one!

7 comments:

*❀* said...

the dungarees are so beautiful! and i love your little package of pretty goodies too, lucky girl!

am off to visit the crane lady now

wishing you a joyful day xx

millie

Vintage Tea Time said...

Oh, the dungarees are so cute! And what a sweet parcel you received :) I, too, am off to visit crane lady.......

Sherri B. said...

I have heard that famous models can be very temperamental. That's alright, I can picture how cute they are on her. I remember when you told us about pants that you made and the legs were big..see, you are a trend setter and big pant legs are all the thing now!

I love the sweet bundle from across the waves, it is so much fun to share like that.


I just went over to the crane link. That is a very fascinating project and I can see it really 'taking off' across the nation and beyond. I am going to check out how to make them. Thanks for sharing and have fun with it.

Colette said...

That is an awful lot of paper cranes, but how fun to find one.

Sweet trousers, I'm itching to sew again, it's been far too long... I'm missing it.

lifeshighway said...

The paper cranes is a wonderful idea. How like you to be part of it.

Itchin' Stitchin' said...

Oh the package looks sew inspiring :) Love the pants - my little girl only wants to wear dresses even when it has been -7 here.

Love the paper crane idea.

Sandy said...

Thank you for the lovely write up m'dear! I really appreciate you sharing it with your readers. :) It's quite thrilling to "release" a crane in hopes that it will be found. Thanks again Lola, and I've included this in my mentions section as well as your blog in my blogroll! Have a lovely day. :)