Monday, October 6, 2014

Hello Monday - Frosty


I'm feeling a bit frosty this Monday morning. No, it's not the weather, in fact the sky is about the blue of that ribbon and the sun is shining gloriously. What is frosty is my attitude about this pile of slippery sparkly stuff. Still, I must get over it, I must dive in and get it sorted as the month is whizzing by and in no time I will be out of time. Darn you Elsa!

You see, after having a gander at the pattern, I decided I hated it, it wasn't right you know. So now I've got to re-design some key elements and put in some corset lacing instead of a zipper perhaps, and change the neckline and, and...

Well, it will all be fine. Though if you hear some unladylike language coming from my sewing studio, don't be alarmed.

Happy week all!

8 comments:

greenrabbitdesigns said...

I'm sure it will be wonderful...in the meantime I'll put my fingers in my ears! ;)
V x

Anonymous said...

The fabric colours are lovely and frosty, can't wait to see what happens to all of it. Dull , grey and damp in Yorkshire!

Itchin' Stitchin' said...

I'm feeling your pain. My daughter wants to be Elsa this year too ...but I think we may have lucked out and found a costume she likes better. Elsa is very popular this year and I'm sure yours will be better than anything in the store.

Jennifer Hays said...

I've been biding my time on one of these myself...so pretty but so complicated.

Flaming Nora said...

grr, grr, grr. I hate it when that happens! Still it will look amazing in the end.

Frances said...

Please do keep us posted on your progress. I do understand the challenge of making something you really don't like too much for someone whom you do like very, very much.

xo

june at noon said...

That sounds familiar. I can't ever leave well enough alone, even if the project was fine to begin with. Even worse if it wasn't and really needed the tweaks. Good luck with the slippery stuff.

june at noon said...

That sounds familiar. I can't ever leave well enough alone, even if the project was fine to begin with. Even worse if it wasn't and really needed the tweaks. Good luck with the slippery stuff.