Friday, October 24, 2014

I'm just a soul who's intentions are good


I'm at least a day late and a few stitches short. Seems to be the story of me these days. I mean well, really I do, but something keeps interrupting my intention and taking my attention away from the work at hand.

I know I'm just a week away from the deadline for Pony Girl's costume, yikes! I'm close though, really close. I can do it. And no, it's not coming together as I envisioned, but that is ok. I got started on the wrong path, I know that now. Making mistakes shows that you're trying right? I always learn something valuable in these situations. The most important lesson I have learned in this is: I wont be making anything like this for at least another year! No, that can't be it. The most important lesson is that my girl is a little bit smitten with it so far, and that makes it a success. It's all about perspective. Yeah, that's it!


I had also intended to show you how I drafted a pattern to recreate this sweet vintage child's apron that a dear friend sent to me. I have drafted the pattern and cut out the fabric (I'm planning to make a reversible version), but no stitching has occurred. So yes, I'll have to update you on that another time.

So for now I am wishing you all a beautiful weekend!


5 comments:

Ashley cramp said...

Oh Lola I love that song and I love that you are human too......!
bestest as ever daisy j xxxxxxxx
Ps. one for Pony girl too x

Between Me and You said...

Those 'Frozen' sisters have a lot to answer for, though I do so love the film. My Grandbaby thinks I'm a very clever Nana because I know all the words to the songs - she hasn't cottoned on to the fact that I read the subtitles! Happy Sewing. (Jamie Cullum has a very good 'cover' out at the moment of that same song though he's nowhere near as gravelly-sounding as Eric Burdon's dulcit tones!).

Frances said...

Best wishes on meeting your frozen deadline. Meanwhile, thanks so much for the glimpse of that young Eric Burden and taking me back to when I was younger, so much younger than today.

xo

Annie Cholewa said...

It's the creative blogger's affliction ... so much to do and so little time to do it in. We understand x

Jennifer Hays said...

My father is a big Animals fan. I grew up listening to their music on Saturday mornings when my dad played his old records.