Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Making


Now that the small one is busy in school, cramming her wee head full of knowledge, I have my week days to potter about in the little green cottage. So anxious was I to fill up my days with the long overdue tidying and organizing, that my daily lists have become long treatise on herculean tasks. Alas, the number of ticked boxes in relation to un-ticked boxes has become a bit disheartening. I have been bit over ambitious and to be honest, each task seems to open up a whole new can of worms in the process. So...

I've been making a few somethings instead.

Hand printed cotton Treat Bags, perfect for the season and not just for the kiddos. I had a grand time making these fun, sturdy and washable totes.

With school on the brain, I also sewed up some gorgeous hand printed linen into pencil cases like these...



This morning I popped them all into the shop! It was such a good feeling to be putting some new stock up on the shelves after the summer hiatus. I think now I might just reward myself with a cup of java and a home made brownie, and go visiting my favorite blogs!

So, what's new with you?

11 comments:

Unknown said...

Those are amazing! I wish I had those treat bags back when I was a kid. It rains so much here that our paper sacks would sog up before we were done trick-or-treating.

And I really like the pencil cases. :)

mel @ loved handmade said...

Wow you have been a busy bee! Great totes, love the prints! Your pencil cases are just lovely..

Cath @ chunkychooky said...

I LOVE the new pencil cases- the one with the caravan is lovely.

Pia K said...

the bags are supercute! i had to tweet about them, i hope they are sweeped of the shop shelves like nothing before:)

Sherri B. said...

Those cute sacks will be just the ticket for some lucky goblins. There will be no risk of the bottoms falling out and losing any of the loot. How fun!

Your linen pencil cases are great. I think they would be ideal for makeup.

Thanks for the info on the candles, I am going to check out their website. My daughter has a New Seasons by her home in Happy Valley and I will be there this weekend for her birthday.

june at noon said...

Very smart, to stop and do some making instead. You have all school year to do the other stuff. ;) Love those pencil cases!

lifeshighway said...

Adorable pencil cases, my daughter would have loved them. No cute crafty things going on over my way.

Mare said...

I'm so happy you are able to create and stock your shop again my friend! Everything looks wonderful!

Mom L said...

I wish I had taken a picture of the giant stuffed lobster I made when Diane was about 3, so I could send it to prove that I used to sew!!!

Nancy

grinsestern said...

hi! found your blog - and it is great - I'll follow you...
but to be honest - I hate spiders :-( *lol*
best wishes

Unknown said...

Great bags!!