Monday, March 5, 2012

Art Appreciation

Everyone, I would like you to meet Earl.

Earl is my wonderful new art work from artist Christina Muse. I stumbled across her work on Flickr and was smitten! Also known as Artsy Muse, Christina creates amazing pieces; working in collage, altered art, and assemblage. I love the pieces she finds, and the way she puts her items together tell a story. Her attention to detail and unique perspective have charmed me completely. I knew I had to have one of her pieces in my home.

So, now Earl has come from across the country to stay at the little green cottage. He has moved around a bit, looking for a comfortable and commanding spot. Currently, he seems at home on the "O.K." wall.

I think indulging in a little art now and then is very good for the soul. I know that Earl and I are very happy with the way things have turned out. Thank you for the beautiful addition to my art collection Christina!

If you would like to see more art from Christina Muse, she has been kind enough to allow me to link to her Flickr Photostream HERE

Please know that all of the images on the artists photostream belong to her. Both the artist and myself ask that you be respectful of her images (as well as my images of her artwork) and do not use, copy, or distribute her photos in any way. Thank you for playing nice!




6 comments:

Flaming Nora said...

Amazing. I can see why you can't live with out it!

Sherri B. said...

Earl looks like a fine lad and he appears to take things very seriously...I'm thinking that he and The Lumberjack might have some interesting stories to swap with each other. xo

Cath @ chunkychooky said...

I love Earl!
Isn't it strange that feeling when you see a piece of art that you just love so much you knowyou cannot rest until some is at hoe. there are 3 artists on Etsy I am currently drooling over and have been for a while- I haven't bought anything yet because I can't decide!!

harmony and rosie said...

Love it and I really like her work, too. Very imaginative and creative. Your piece looks perfectly at home.

june at noon said...

Very cool! Sometimes it's so nice to indulge in something special for yourself.

Itchin' Stitchin' said...

Oh I Earl looks right at home!! ♥ My soul sings to see old vintage photos used now in a new way.