Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Spring Break

Oh my, it seems as though my short bloggy break has extended itself. We are full in school holiday mode now and I have been so busy having a grand old time that I've lost track of the days!

Pony Girl and I have been completely absorbed with our industry, we have been awfully crafty I tell you. Not to mention the adventures! When the sun came out we worked outdoors with tools...
and there were the critters to keep an eye on...

and we went on walks through the neighborhood that were part scavenger hunt and part spelling lessons. The letters X and Z were most elusive.

When the weather turned, we had our sunshine indoors...


and went wild with glitter...

when things got dark and damp, we baked Almond chocolate chip cookies to warm us up.

Later, we promised the Engineer (who was away on business) that we would save him some - the most we could guarantee was 2 cookies.

The clay came out, a mama and baby horse of course!
There were rainbows to chase...

Spring flowers sprung!

and it's only Wednesday night!

I am feeling a great pull to spend time with my family. I don't know when it's going to happen, but there will come a day when my girl stops telling me she loves me 8 times a day, when she stops saying, "Your the best Mama I could ever have in the whole wide world!" It might not happen tomorrow, but I do want to deserve those words - I want to be the best Mama in the world - warts and all. So I know that you, my friends, will understand if I extend my Spring Break just a little bit longer. I know you will wish me all the best if I take a time out from my shiny place here and instead of blogging - maybe become queen for a day and order a royal ball, or be an explorer of jungles, a dance party DJ, a den building fool...you get me?

I also want to thank all the new followers and new commenters of late. I so appreciate you taking time to visit me and say such nice things, you make me smile.

I'll be back soon, honest. I just need a Spring Break, I need to stop and smell the flowers...yes indeed!

You can catch me over on Facebook and The Twitter for updates in the meantime.

Be safe, be well, and these flowers are for you!

xo




14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have fun!!!

Fine

teddybearswednesday said...

Sounds like the most wonderful kind of Spring Break to me, why not extend it.
I think from this post , the taking the time out , providing wonderful activities and your writings here show that you are indeed a most wonderful mama - the best Mama in the world for Pony Girl ( as my mumma is for me)
and you know what i have never stop telling my mum how much I love her at least once a day. And I think Pony Girl will be the same.
xo
PS I love Clay MamaPony and baby pony

Anonymous said...

It looks like you're having a wonderful time, enjoy every moment!x

greenrabbitdesigns said...

Take all the time you want and have fun with your girl. It sounds as if you've had quite a few adventures already! What a shame you didn't bump into any xylophones and zebras on your walk, never there when you need them!
Vivienne x

Sherri B. said...

Thank you for the lovely flowers and I won't even have to change the water! - Seeing all of the happy, fun things you are doing will tide us over until you get back in full. Spending time being mom is the most important thing, we will see you after your Spring Break...have fun! xo

...C o w R o a d... said...

It sounds like you're having a wonderful time over there! :-) Our spring break doesn't start until the 9th...
I love those paper flowers by the way. That should be fairly simple to make but I have no clue. Just cut circles out of paper and than grab them by the bottom? ;-)

vintage grey said...

It looks like you have been having such a wonderful time! What a blessing family time is! Enjoy, and love the spring flowers! xo Heather

Itchin' Stitchin' said...

Oh it sounds like you are having a wonderful bloggin break!!! Enjoy it all ♥

chriswreckage said...

Rain Break! Yay!

harmony and rosie said...

sounds like your Spring break is going swimmingly, don't stop it because we can wait. Oh and happy belated birthday to PG!
Kate xx

Flaming Nora said...

I am exhausted just reading this post!
Spring break starts TOMORROW NIGHT here. I expect we will all need a holiday to get over it!

june at noon said...

Before I even got to the part about being the best mama, I was thinking, "What a great mom. What a fun mom!" Really, it puts me to shame--I am so not fun most of the time. :( I do hope you enjoy your break, and then some!

Annie @ knitsofacto said...

Enjoy, smell the flowers, stand and stare at the world going back, and come back refreshed ... we can wait :D

Mom L said...

You are having the best Spring Break! Time with your child - it's never a waste, is something you can hold in your heart. When Diane was Pony Girl's age I took a week's vacation between Christmas and New Year's every year for a while - with the added holidays it gave us plenty of time. I was a single Mom, and we did things together every day - picnics, the zoo, sometimes 2 movies in a row!!!

Nancy in Iowa